- September 3rd (students stay in service)
- September 10th (students begin in service) dismissal at 11:45, I need volunteers who are interested in staying for RE open house from 11:45-12:45.
- Prek-2nd grade (Anjali Iyer-Pascuzzi and Linda Prokopy)
- 3rd-5th grade (Kathy Coder and Josh Prokopy)
- 6th-12th grade (Laura Geiger and Amy French)
- Shadows (Jack Reynolds, Lynn Holland, and Suzan Windnagel)
Subs Needed: Please let me know if you can help out. I will provide sub plans.
- Prek-1st grade- Sunday, September 17th
- DRE sub- Sunday, October 1st
- DRE sub- Sunday, October 22nd
RE Volunteer Training (mandatory for fall RE volunteers) Choose the date/time that is most convenient for you and let me know ASAP.
- Saturday, September 2nd at UU retreat, Time TBD
Important Reminders and Upcoming Events:
- Please see the RE bulletin board/table in the fellowship hall and https://regluu.wordpress.com/ for important RE information and announcements.
- Please see this link to register your child for the 2017 fall semester of RE. If there are no changes from last year’s registration, please email me with, “no changes” and you won’t need to fill out the registration form again. https://goo.gl/forms/3qQR61ij3Gn1CGDv1
- We will be participating in the REvisioning process for the RE classrooms this semester. We are hoping to do a classroom overhaul and I’m looking for people interested in helping with planning, working, donating supplies, etc. We will have our first meetings on Saturday, September 2nd and Sunday, September 3rd during lunch. Our work days will be:
- September 4th from 9am-5pm
- September 6th from 9am-12pm and 1pm-7pm
- September 7th from 1am-7pm
- September 8th from 1am-5pm
- We will be having RE open house during the interest fair on September 10th from 11:45-12:45. The nursery and all RE classrooms will be open and volunteers will be available to answer questions.
- Please contact me if you’re interested in signing up for the UU Hunger Hike team. The 3k walk will be Sunday, September 17th.
- UUCTC Puccini’s FUNdraiser- Join us on September 21st for food, fun, and fellowship. UUCTC will receive 20% of anyone who dines in, carries out, or gets delivery from 4-10pm.
Workshop Volunteers Needed: We are piloting a new theme based curriculum titled, “Passport to Spirituality” for the fall 2017 RE semester. This is an exciting program that explores a variety of UU themes through traveling around the world to examine religious and cultural traditions. I need volunteers who are interested in running workshops for the month long sessions. Please sign up for a workshop block. Each block is a commitment of 3 Sundays in a month. You will be responsible for the following:
- attending each session in the block from 10:45-11:45 in forum room
- leading discussions, lessons, projects, and activities based on the themes and topics outlined below
- Please note the following:
- I can help with developing the lesson plans and activities.
- There will be at least two other volunteers in the room helping with classroom management.
- I can purchase any materials needed for the lesson plan.
- This will be a workshop rotation model, which means that you will be working with a different age group for each session (prek-1st, 2nd-5th, 6th-12th)
- Workshop Topics: November 5th, 12th, and 19th
- Theme: Hospitality through singing, dancing, and feasting
- Traveling to: North America, Iran, Pakistan