- Did you know that RE has an Amazon wish list? Here are some books that we’d love to add to our RE library. Wish list available at http://a.co/795eAry.
- Oddity– “Join a tough eleven-year-old as she faces down zombie rats, alien mobs, and Puppet Cartels while trying to find her missing twin.” This book was written by our very own former UUCTC member, Sarah Cannon!
- The Girl Who Thought in Pictures: the Story of Temple Grandin– “If you’ve ever felt different, if you’ve ever been low, if you don’t quite fit in, there’s a name you should know. Meet Dr. Temple Grandin, one of the world’s quirkiest science heroes.” Written by, Julia Mosca
- For the Right to Learn: Malala Yousafzai’s Story– “She grew up in a world where women were supposed to be quiet. But Malala Yousafzai refused to be silent. She defied the Taliban’s rules, spoke out for education for every girl, and was almost killed for her beliefs. This powerful true story of how one brave girl named Malala changed the world proves that one person really can make a difference.” Written by, Rebecca Lanston-George
- She Persisted: 13 Women Who Changed the World– “Chelsea Clinton introduces tiny feminists, mini-activists, and little kids who are ready to take on the world to thirteen inspirational women who never took no for an answer, and who always, inevitably and without fail, persisted.”
- RE is collecting the following for a recycling project to be unveiled soon. Please clean and rinse before dropping off in the DRE office.
- Bottle caps: medicine bottle caps, milk jug caps, detergent caps, hair spray caps, toothpaste tube caps, deodorant caps, drink bottle caps, flip top caps (ex. ketchup), spout caps (ex. mustard), spray paint caps, ointment tube caps, caps with recycle numbers 2, 4, or 5
- Lids: cottage cheese lids, mayo lids, yogurt lids, peanut butter lids, ice cream bucket lids (under 8”), cool whip lids, coffee can lids, cream cheese lids, butter lids, prescription bottles (with labels removed)
Volunteers Needed: We are currently looking for RE volunteers for the spring 2018 semester. Please contact Nicole Rice if you are interested in becoming a volunteer, substitute, or shadow, or helping out in other ways.